Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The ages are...

I read a post talking about age, agents, editors, and writers. Too old are you might not get the right deal, too young and you might not be taken seriously. I added my two cents and I'll share with you as well.

"When you said something about a 19-year-old I had a moment of panic. I never thought about my age being an issue, but I understand that some people will see it as one. Being 19 can help me and it can hurt me. I haven't "seen the world", but I know how teenagers think, talk, and interact. Writing a book at my age is hard work, it is at any age, but I'm at the point where there are a thousand things I want to do with my time, and yet, I put those things aside to write."

I never thought about it the way this person had, but when I put my thoughts and feeling about the subject into written word I could see it in a new light. I am 19, and I know what I want to do with the rest of my life. I know what I will be doing 20 years from now even if it's just for me.

1 comment:

joy michelle said...

With the level of dedication you seem to have for writing, I imagine you'll do quite well at any age. And lucky you, I'm 21 and have no idea what I want to do tomorrow, let alone for the rest of my life. Hopefully inspiration will hit me soon. :o)

Joy