Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Dance

I am a nerd. And darn proud of it. (Nerdfighters ftw!) But some things confuse me. I finally figured out that IRL is "in real life". Um...okay. Couldn't they have said that? No, oh...well, fine.

I like research. Not on things like mushrooms and how to change the oil in your car (ride a bike instead). I like looking up how to tell if a book is first edition. I can do that now. I can't say what it is if it's not a first, but it helps. A bit. And I like finding out where the independent book stores are around me. Every author needs one as a friend. Thats not a rule, but when you want to do a signing for the first time being some place you know is nice. I like looking up writing tips (read. read.read.). agents, and anything that I feel the need to know more about.

I want a dictionary. I have one. Well, my family owns two, but I want my own. The Compact Oxford English Dictionary to be exact. But its a lot of money. It's not going to happen. So, in a bit (more like four hours) I am going to go to a book store with my mother and see if there is one that catches my fancy.

I also want a thesaurus. (Not dictionary/thesaurus.) If I hadn't already known I was nerdy that would have tipped me off.

Last thing. You know Stephenie Meyer's new book Breaking Dawn? I am going to write a rap about it. If its any good I might post it on youtube.

Now, what is the plural of series...?

1 comment:

Everly Pleasant said...

I'm a nerd too!
I love researching stuff. All my (homeschooled) life I thought I didn't know how to study until recently when I realized that I study all the time. But it is funny that you used mushrooms for your example because I love mycology. :)
But I mostly research about books and writing etc.
I had a similar thing with a dictionary recently. Now I have my own little dictionary and thesaurus but I still have to use my parents big nice one or dictionary.com a lot.
Good luck with your rap!

Everly