Monday, June 9, 2008

not Write now.

Just now saw that I had a comment. That was the most exciting thing of my day! Really. It was a whoa! moment. LOL. It reminded me not to change this into something pointless.

Okay, so I have a story to tell. I took a speech class last semester (UWG, if you were wondering) and we did mock interviews. You wrote about your dream job and then Honey would interview us. So, while writing about how I want to be an author...well, it was one) ironic and two) crazy funny. She asked me about what I want to write and who I like to read and what would make me the best choice. Not the best story I could have told you, but the answer is important. I want to write YA. And maybe SciFi/fantasy. (Why?) I can't do serious articles. And I wouldn't want to anyway. I am informal when I write. As you can see. Books can be written in many different styles. So, I can write like this and not offend everyone on the planet. I like YA because that's how my mind works. I'm 19. I have my adult moments, but I know what I like to read and I can write that way, I think. The SciFi/Fantasy thing is...well, I love vampires, zombies, werewolves, aliens, ghosts, ect. I love reading Meg Cabot, J.K. Rowling, Scott Westerfeld, Stephenie Meyer, P.C. Cast, and Kristen Cast. There are more. Trust me that there are so many authors that I like that I could fill a notebook. More importantly I admire them. Authors inspire me. And I mean ALL of them. I haven't always wanted to write. Its been less than a year since I realized it's what I anted to do, but in that short time it's become a passion.

The last question she asked is what, in my opinion, is the most important. I deal with things by writing about them. It's how I move on. The way I see it is that I am going to write until I can't. No matter what happens on this path that I've chosen I will write. Books, poems, songs, letters, diary entries, blog, whatever I can.

That's all for today. It's storming right now plus I want to write tonight so that I have something worth saying again tomorrow.

No comments: