Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hit me, baby, one more time

EDIT: I removed my description of the accident. I may add it when this is settled


Britney Spears came on my iPod on the Friday drive home from U of Hell. But that isn't why I used that lyric for the title.

Today, I was hit. Car to car contact. The cops finally showed up. We told them what had happened and ended up filling out a page for our insurance.

And then it was over.

My sister and I got some pizza. I dropped her off and went to see my old high school's production of Guy and Dolls.

Wait. That would be a lame post if I cut if off here so I will continue. I'll take a page from John Green and call this "After".

In the car on the way there I started freaking out. Not major freakage but I suddenly felt everything. I was scared and nervous. It was like I had been caught doing something when I was five. My hands were shaking when the show started so I went and bought a cookie (well, two. one was for Patrick, who was sitting with me). For some reason I thought sugar would help. It didn't but it didn't hurt either. After intermission (which for some odd reason I keep calling half time) Patrick went and sat with one of our friends and I stayed put. This, oddly enough, is what I think helped me. Don't get me wrong, I love Patrick, but just sitting there by myself and just... sit made me feel more calm. I had barely been alone since the accident and I needed to... deal.

This did not, however, help me with my growing fear of car accidents. It's too bad I don't have to write anymore "cultural events" for my M&G class. This would have been perfect for that assignment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should be happy it wasn't your fault, because when it is, it's 1000x worse. But dude, I know what you mean about needing time to yourself after you get into car accidents. You just need to mope around and not have people staring at you like you're a glass statue and you might break any second. And junk food totally helps.

I'm glad you're alright, though. <3